Ugh!! A long work day where items weren't ordered as needed, patients decided to show up super early, and all end up backed up worse than a septic line....And to top it off, after the long work day, I had a training session to attend. So here I am, tired and fatigued, headed off to Nana's to pick up my baby. The drive is longer than usual, I can barely keep my eyes open, and trying to focus to stay in between the lines on the road was out of the question. "Lord please let me make it..." Finally, driveway in sight, I pull in and practically fall out of the car to make it to the door. I make it up to the door, turn the handle, and with the first sound of the door seal breaking...I hear it!! The beautiful sound of a herd of elephants stampeding towards the door! With a smile larger than a "thumbnail moon" and arms wider than the Grand Canyon, He says, "Mommy, you're here!" And wraps those powerful arms around my legs! In that split second, You-my sweet dear baby, melt my heart and wash ALL the long day away! "So dudely, tell me all about your day!"
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment