Monday, January 16, 2012
My "Man"
Wow, that is about all I can say to the statement that came out of my sweet baby today! As we are leaving Nana's house to head home, my hands were overflowing with all of your bags...nigh nigh, clothes, backpack, toys, toys, toys... My dearest little boy jumps in front of me and grabs the front glass door and steps aside to hold it open! My "mommy meter" was dinging off the charts! My thoughtful 3yr old just held the door so gentleman like for his mommy! So I went above and beyond...."Wyatt, that was so very incredibly sweet of you to hold the door open for your mommy. I am so proud of you. You are such a little gentleman. Wyatt, mommy is so proud of you, and I love you" were the words of praise I was giving on the walk to the car. We're almost to the car as I turn around to get a glimpse of MY wonderfully thoughtful, sweet, kindhearted little man. He stands at the end of the walkway with one hand on his hip, and with a "seriously mom" sarcastic face, and an added deep manly tone to his voice says, "It's cause I'm a MAN." And he then casually saunters past me and hops up in his car seat and buckles in. Really.....If that wasn't his dad in the flesh!! Were did my sweet innocent baby go?? How did I miss the transformation?? Were have I been? All I could do is laugh....and I did, all the way home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment